CHILD ETIQUETTE CLUB
“So in the child, besides the vital impulse to create himself ,and to become perfect, there must yet be another purpose, a duty to fulfill in harmony , something he has to do in the service of a united whole”-Dr Maria Montessori.
At BMplus, we understand that parents want their children to know and act appropriately but are usually unsure where to start with the grooming.
We believe that good manners should be taught at a very early age because once bad habits form, they are difficult to change.
General etiquettes are essential in any civilised society .The etiquette children learn at an early age will be carried over into adulthood and help make them more successful in friendships, family life, and careers.
During our glooming sessions , our specialists train the children to appreciate and enjoy social etiquettes, grace and courtesies with the reward of knowing that our children are equipped to handle themselves properly in a civilized world.
We generally would start our beginners off with the basics of grace and courtesies such as:
- Don’t interrupt when others are talking
- Care of self/ personal grooming
- Say “please” and “thank you”
- No talking when angry
- Keep your elbows off the table at dinning
- No chew with your mouth open
- Use an “inside” voice when indoors
- No spitting around
- Coughing or sneezing in someone’s face
- Intentionally burping or passing gas
- Throwing things in anger
- Calling someone a bad name
- Pushing or shoving
- Inappropriately touching others
- Grabbing something from someone else
- Begging or whining
- Constantly interrupting
Then we would gradually ease them into the fine details of being graceful such as:
- Sitting like a Lady/Gent
- Walking with confidence
- Talking in public
- General courtesies
We truly love this aspect of our work as Montessorians because its finishes off our children in a beautiful manner and bost their confidence in life.