During Cooking, children can pretend to be doing what they see mum’s/ adults do at home in the kitchen, this gives them some sense of responsibility and satisfaction. Children learn by touching, tasting, feeling, smelling, and listening. They will prepare easy snacks like fruits dish, sandwiches, fruit kebab. Cookery with children provides sensible expertise with several essential skills like reading, following directions, and activity.
Benefits of cookery.
• Building confidence.
• Developing a sense of order – a place for everything and everything in its place.
• Developing self control.
• Enriching Vocabulary.
• Math preparation – observing and comparing dimensions like length, shape etc.
Preparation for science and experiments- observing qualities and reactions to gravity.
• Developing ability to start and finish a task.
• Developing observation skills.
• Strengthening eye hand coordination.
• Developing practical life skills.